RAYMOND BEER & CO
- We are regulated by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers and the Transaction Files Code requires us to keep sale files for a minimum of six years and for most other conveyancing matters, including purchase of property, for a minimum of 15 years.
- Similarly, we are required to obtain and retain proof of your identity as required by The Money Laundering Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on The Payer) Regulations 2017 and we will hold these details for the period referred to in paragraph 1 above.
- You can contact us at any time during normal office hours for confirmation of what data we hold in relation to you.
- We hold your information on a paper file and/or on our electronic case management system.
- Our file storage data will be considered at least once a year when all files held for the required number of years will be destroyed by confidential waste contractors and erasure from our electronic case management system
- We are required to share your information with HMRC when dealing with Stamp Duty Land Tax returns, with your mortgage lender (if any) in relation to their requirements in respect of the mortgage advance/redemption and HM Land Registry when registering your interest in your property (if applicable). It may also be necessary to pass your details to Landlords/Managing Agents when you purchase leasehold property or freehold property that is subject to a service charge.