Raymond Beer & Co
Complaints Handling Policy
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Alan Johnston, who will review your matter file and if not dealt with by him speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Alan Johnston will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Alan Johnston will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Alan Johnston will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for John Holder, a local solicitor to review his decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the
PO Box 6806,
about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternative complaints bodies (such as Promediate contactable on 0203 6213908 or at email@example.com) exist which are competent to deal with complaints and legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme
- We do agree to use Promediate
01634 814911 | 01634 826661
16 Manor Road Chatham Kent ME4 6AG